The Aloha Shirt: Spirit of the Islands (Hardcover)
Written by Dale Hope, a man passionate about the history and design of Hawaiian shirts, The Aloha Shirt: Spirit of the Islands contains rich knowledge and insight into archival styles, the origins of designs and the impact the shirts have had upon society, culture and fashion. Across 384 pages, informative text is enhanced by high quality original images and a foreword written by iconic American surfer Gerry Lopez, who like Hope is also a native of the Hawaiian islands. Ideal for anyone with an interest in surf history, clothing and textile design, fine details are explored including hand drawn prints, buttons and labels.
Measuring to 7.5” x 11” and presented across 100% recycled paper and bound between a textural hardcover design, this edition has been completely revised, updated and redesigned with new content and photographs throughout. Raised by parents who bought a small garment factory in Hawaii, Dale Hope has dedicated his life to sharing the history and his knowledge of the island’s native shirt designs.
Please be aware that, due to licensing restrictions, we cannot ship Patagonia, Converse or Nike SB products to customers outside the European Economic Area.
View More Patagonia at Flatspot
- 100% Recycled Paper
- 384 Pages
- 7.5" x 11"
- Published by Patagonia
* Order by 3pm for same day dispatch (weekdays only).
* Next day delivery is Mon-Fri only (exc. Bank Holidays).
* Saturday Delivery - order by 3pm Friday & choose the Saturday Delivery service.
* DPD Local 'Predict' Next Day Delivery - £4.50 - FREE over £80
* DHL Next Working Day Delivery - £8.00
* Saturday Delivery DPD Local 'One hour predict' - £10.00
NB. Next Day delivery is not available to some postcodes. Delivery will take 2 business days. See more info here.
* Channel Islands - prices start from £6.00
* Europe - prices start from £7.00
* USA - prices start from £16.00
* Rest of World - prices start from £20.00
For more information please see this page.
If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase you can return your goods for whatever reason, no questions asked, for a refund or exchange (UK only).