Flatspot Returns Policy
If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase you can return your goods for whatever reason1, no questions asked, provided we get them back within 28 days of order receipt and in perfect sellable condition.
By ‘perfect sellable condition’ we do not expect the garments to be necessarily plastic wrapped and perfectly folded, but we are certainly unable to accept them for return if;
- The tags have been removed.
- They are marked, soiled, stretched, bleached or damaged in anyway.
- They are scented with aftershave, perfume, deodorant or smoke.
- They have been washed.
- The soles have been worn outside.
- The inner sole is covered in sock fluff or hair.
- All decks and hardware must be un-skated and returned in the original packaging.
- Once a deck has been assembled, we cannot accept either the deck or the hardware for return.
- For hygiene reasons we cannot accept returns for underwear and socks unless faulty.
- The shoe box has been used directly as the postal box - is visibly marked and/ or damaged.
For all shoe returns we require the original shoe box, the shoe box is included as part of the goods. This needs to be unmarked and cannot be used directly as the postage box. We cannot accept shoes if the box is missing, damaged or marked as we cannot sell them on to another customer. You wouldn’t want to receive your new shoes in a visibly damaged/ marked shoe box!
All goods/ products are at the responsibility of the customer until they have been delivered to us.
We really hate to do it but we ultimately reserve the right to refuse a return if we deem it to be in an unsuitable condition and the items may be returned to you at your own cost.
How To Make A Return
For orders placed on or after 03.08.17
* Please use our Returns Portal to book your return with us. You can see this here.
* You'll need your order number and email address.
* Follow the steps as laid out in the Return Portal.
* A return label will be generated for you.
* And a returns note (RMA) which you will need to print off and include inside your return.
* For some countries you can arrange your return shipping through us, if this option is available it will show in the Returns Portal. You will need to pay for this service but we are able to deduct this from the cost of your returned item/s.
* We do not offer exchanges, if you would like to change an item you will need to return the item to us for a refund and then place a new order.
* Please write on the outside of the package 'Returned goods, relief applied for.' This will avoid any unnecessary customs charges and your return possibly being returned to you.
* We try to process all returns as quickly as possible, however please allow us up to 2 business days from receipt to process your return.
* We will contact you by email to confirm that your refund has been issued.
* During our busiest times there may be a delay in processing your return, please allow us some extra time - we are working as quickly as we can!
Notifications, and Refunds.
We will be in touch by email once your return has arrived at our warehouse and your refund has been processed.
Please allow up to 5 business days for the funds to be available again in your bank account.
We will refund shipping costs in the event of an error or faulty product, but we will not refund your original shipping costs if you are returning an item that you have changed your mind about.
We will refund return shipping costs in the event of a faulty product or error but please contact us first so we can advise the best way to proceed.
Import taxes and duties will not be refunded, even if pre-paid at checkout.
If you have a received a faulty item or if a fault develops please contact our customer service team first at orders [at] flatspot.com and send us a couple of pictures of the fault.
In the event of a faulty product or an error we may cover return shipping costs but please contact us first, before sending the parcel back. We can then advise the best way to proceed and provide a free returns service. We can not refund return shipping costs if posted before contacting us first.
The same 28 day return policy applies to faulty goods. Generally if a defect is going to become apparent, it will be relatively quickly. We can't accept returns due to excessive wear of a product, especially footwear used for skateboarding.
All items returned as faulty are subject to inspection by Flatspot before we can confirm a credit. Sometimes we will need to send the goods back to the manufacturer for an additional inspection.
We cannot accept snapped decks in returns. Most snaps and cracks occur when landing a trick incorrectly and are not down to a manufacturer fault.
Any final decision will be made by the manufacturer directly.
If you want to cancel your order please notify us asap. If cancelled before your order ships we will issue a full refund upon your instruction. Cut off time for shipping is usually 3pm, we don't ship or deliver at the weekend or on bank holidays.
If you notify us that you wish to cancel your order after it has shipped out we will not refund the original shipping cost on your order and you may also incur an additional return to sender fee if it is issued by the courier or postal service used for your delivery. This return to sender fee is usually the same cost as your original postage charge but it can vary.
Please be aware that due to some courier's operations and the quick turnaround on deliveries it may not be possible to cancel your order once dispatched. If this is the case you can return your order using the returns information above.